Friday 29 November 2013

My Journey with the Elizabethans- Practising my Final Hair Design.




The first step to creating my look, is to section the hair back from behind the ears, leaving some hair at the front to be crimped and shaped.  With the hair that you have sectioned off at the back, brush this into a sleek, tidy ponytail, ready to be put into a bun.  I decided to use a donut to create my bun, this way it was easiest to incorporate the ribbon, and to create a sturdy shape as my hair is naturally quite thick. I secured the bun and ribbon with kirby grips and finishing pins.  For the actual assessment I will use Red and Green Ribbon, I practiced with blue as I wanted to save the other, extra textured ribbon for the day incase there were any mistakes.


Next, with the hair left at the front of the head I created a centre parting.  I then went onto crimp the front section of my hair, making sure the crimp was right from the roots, to create a frizzy, Elizabethan texture.  I then brushed this out, and backcombed the hair to create extra volume which helped me to create a better shape. 


As there wasn't a huge mass of hair left at the front of the head, and my hair is naturally thick anyway, I didn't need to use any padding to create my desired shape.  After backcombing my hair, I pulled the hair back and pinned it in place with kirby grips and finishing pins to create the typical Elizabethan heart shape. 



This image here shows my completed, practised look.  I'm really pleased with the final outcome, and I think the stark difference between the frizzy texture and sleek, pulled back bun show both Modern and Elizabethan ideals.  If I was to improve anything for the final look it would be the colour of the ribbon, I am going to purchase some green and red ribbon for my Final Assessment as to me, these are very royal colours and will compliment my Make Up Design, creating a look that flows throughout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment