Friday 29 November 2013

My Journey with the Elizabethans- My Final Chosen Hair Design...



Image Credit: Alexander McQueen - Spring/summer 07 hair trends - step back in time - handbag.com. 2013. (Online) Available at: http://www.handbag.com/beauty/i448786/springsummer-07-hair-trends-step-back-in-time-alexander-mcqueen.html. Accessed 27 November 2013.


These images here show how I would like my final Contemporary Elizabethan Hair Design to look from the back and the front.  The image of the back of the hair,  portrays how The Elizabethans loved to use lots of texture in their hair, usually created by using things like ribbon, so to create an Elizabethan twist on this hairstyle, I would wrap ribbon around the bun to create texture, as well as adding some pretty decoration. The style at the back of the hair would be sleek and defined, however the front would be shaped into the typical Elizabethan heart shape and crimped to create the frizzy texture that the Elizabethans desired.  I think this will create an aesthetically pleasing style, and the difference between the sleek style and frizzy texture will show that the style has both Modern and Elizabethan ideals.  I will not be incorporating the plaits into the bun, because after experimentation with ribbon and plaits the bun looks too crowded.

No comments:

Post a Comment