Saturday 23 November 2013

My Journey with The Elizabethans- Practicing My Partners Final Hair Design

In preparation for my Timed Assessment, Kira and I have been practising how to execute her chosen Hair Design, in the 45 minutes we have to complete it.  Kira's design consists of a crimped, mohican style with very sleek sides.  At first we were going to use a Banana Clip to create the mohican shape, but after advice from Lottie our technical instructor, we were advised of a less time consuming way of creating the look. 






  • To start the look, I first sprayed some heat protectant over the hair as we were going to be using Crimpers.  As Kira's hair is very long and prone to getting knotty, I brushed through her hair using a Paddle Brush.
  • Next, I took my pintail comb, starting from the bottom of the head, I sectioned her hair into three equal sections that were then tied into ponytails. I made sure the ponytails were very sleek, with no bumps at the sides.  The very top ponytail was secured fairly high on the head.  Once I had created the ponytails, I crimped each one individually, making sure the hair was crimped right from the roots. 
  • After I had finished crimping, I heavily backcombed each ponytail right from the root.  I even gently backcombed the rest of the hair to give it more frizzy texture and volume, which would help me create a bigger shape.
  • To create the mohican style, I rolled and twisted the hair from each ponytail in various different ways to give height and shape, securing each of these with kirby grips and finishing pins, however I was always making sure that these were not visible. 
  • To complete the look, I set the style with hairspray.  A lot of hairspray was needed as Kira has a huge mass of hair that was placed into a very high shape. 



No comments:

Post a Comment