Tuesday 8 October 2013

Hair Descriptions- My First Project...Red Heads and Royalty!

My First Hair Design Project is called 'Red Heads and Royalty, 'Red Heads and Royalty' goes along side my 'New Elizabethan' Make Up brief.  For this project I will be collecting historical research and technical observations of the hairstyles used in the 16th and 17th centuries.

Our first task to complete after our seminar was to find two images of hairstyles that represented the words we got given in class, my words were 'Smart' and 'Wild'.



Smart




In my opinion, I find this hairstyle to be very smart.  The hairstyle is sleek, and the finish is extremely polished.  The soft curls that look to have been softly pinned back against Kate Winslet’s face portray a very elegant style, and a look that isn’t messy.  I also think the bobbed style adds to the whole sophisticated look. 
Another factor that I noticed was the side parting, often used in previous era’s, to create a chic and refined style, is replicated within this hairstyle. This helps to create a soft focus around her face.  

Wild


This look completely contrasts to my previous chosen image.  To me, this hairstyle is definitely wild.  The use of different materials and textures to create this look evoke an edgy feel, the headpiece is created using quite stark colours, which is very different to the softness of my previous chosen style. The hair underneath the headpiece has been tightly pulled back, and a white paint has been used to change the hair colour, this is quite harsh, but shows that the stylist is not afraid of experimenting with lots of different mediums.

No comments:

Post a Comment