Sunday 20 October 2013

My Journey with the Elizabethans- Creating 'Contemporary' Elizabethan Hairstyles

This week during our seminar, after researching and finding visual references and quotes about Elizabethan hairstyles that we like, we created these on paper using different materials and mediums, mainly focusing on a few words in the quote.  Some of the words in the quote I was given were 'shapes', 'tears', and 'frizzled.'




This is the style I created, I tried to use a lot of shapes and textures seeing as 'shapes' was one of the main words picked out from the quote.  To create the circular buns, I took some real hair and wrapped them in netting, this way it helped me get a clean and precise round shape, I also emphasised the shape of the head, and the high Elizabethan hairline by creating a plait at the front of the hairline, this again created a different shape and added to the 'frizzled' sense of style. As well as the plait,  I created shape and texture with the tight curls that fall down the side of the face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment